About Tri-State Christian Academy
Tri-State Christian Academy strives to provide a quality, Christian educational program in a safe and healthy environment with a warm, family atmosphere. Your family is important to us and we want to do everything in our power to meet the educational needs of your child at every stage from kindergarten through high school.
- Tri-State Christian Academy will equip your child in the three vital areas of development: academic, social, and spiritual as he faces the challenges of this world.
- Safe, quiet learning environment
- Affordable Cost
- Parent/Teacher Communication
- Strong Athletic Program
- Internet Access to child's homework and grades
- Before and After Care service available
- Little Crusader Sports for Grades 1-5
Tri-State Christian Academy is a proud member of ACSI – Association of Christian Schools International.
Tri-State Christian Academy continues a long tradition of quality Christian education in Cecil County, Maryland. For nearly fifty years, Elkton Christian School/Academy was operated as a ministry of the Baptist Bible Church (now Crossroads Bible Church). Down through the years, hundreds of young people were educated and many went on to become pastors, missionaries, educators, doctors, lawyers, business owners etc., and they have impacted “their” world for Jesus Christ.
In the spring of 2011, the church leaders decided to close the school. The administration of the school asked the church leaders to allow them to continue the school in the building under a new name led by a newly formed Board of Directors. Amazingly, the church agreed and Tri-State Christian Academy was established. The school chose to continue teaching the same values and standards that were held at Elkton Christian. In addition, the decision was made to keep the school colors (red, black and white) and mascot (the Crusader) to tie the school’s alumni to the present. The school received its distinction as an approved non-public school by the Maryland State Department of Education in 2012 and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
Today, TSCA is a thriving, safe, educational community with an outstanding staff of loving teachers and wonderful student body with supportive parents and grandparents. God has been good and we are trusting in Him to continue His blessing on our school.
Our desire is to provide balanced, biblical direction to the child as a support to the home and to train each student to be self-disciplined and biblically directed in their walk with God and their fellow man. It is also our desire to meet the child where he or she is in their academic progress and build upon their abilities to the place where he or she can function in society as a well-educated and well-rounded individual.
- A well-educated student is equipped to recognize God’s direction and purpose and to use his gifts to engage the culture and change the world.
- Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct thee and teach thee… and will guide thee with mine eye.
- Proverbs 16:3 – Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
- Students, faculty, and staff at Tri-State Christian Academy will be actively involved in fulfillment of the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore and teach all nations…)
- The believer should demonstrate excellence to the world as a testimony to the grace of God.
- As individuals created in the image of God we are responsible to know God and impart our spiritual heritage to the next generation.
- Deut. 6:4-7 – The Lord hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth…
- 2 Timothy 4:2 – Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort…
- Titus 2:2-4 – That the aged…teach the young…
- Functioning as a unified body of Christ develops a servant’s heart toward home, church, school and community.
- Tri-State Christian Academy is committed to developing a Christ-centered partnership between home, school, and church; to assist in their God-given responsibility of spiritual and character formation in the education of children. (Ecclesiastes 4:12…and a threefold cord in not quickly broken)
- Affirmative discipline is training in righteousness resulting in the spirit-directed governance of the student. (Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go…)
- Tri-State Christian Academy is committed to hiring qualified personnel who are called by God to the ministry of education in a Christian school and who are spiritually and philosophically compatible with the school.
- The pursuit of full devotion to Christ and His cause should be modeled by faculty, staff, and students. (II Corinthians 6:1,4 We then, as workers together with Him…approving ourselves as the ministers of God…)
- Spiritually anointed teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individual lives.
- Empowerment of all personnel is the basis for leadership development and biblical decision making. (Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you…)
Maryland State Approved Nonpublic School
Tri-State Christian Academy, Inc. is a Maryland Department of Education approved non-public school for:
- Elementary school (grades 1-8)
- Secondary school (grades 9-12)